Daniel Silke is recognized as one of South Africa’s leading political economy analysts, futurists and most passionate keynote speakers. His success lies in blending both economic and political trends in highly accessible yet insightful presentations. As Director of the Political Futures Consultancy based in Cape Town, Silke serves a host of major global blue-chip companies with outstanding keynotes and workshops aimed at the convention, conference and events industries.
He has over 15 years’ experience in delivering flagship presentations on Global, African and South African political and economic trends. Silke holds a Master’s degree from the University of Cape Town in South African and International Politics and was attached to the university’s Institute for the Study of Public Policy where he tutored within the broader Department of Political Studies. Silke then served in public office as a Member of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament and City Councillor in the City of Cape Town holding positions of whip for his party as well as portfolio committee chair for economic development. Since launching his consultancy, Silke has become a familiar name on the corporate speaking circuit and in the media – both within his native South Africa and overseas.
Daniel Silke client list client includes Marriott International, Oracle, CISCO, PwC, Investec, MTN, PPC, Actemium, FirstRand, Grant Thornton, Deloittes, Gartner, Momentum, Sanlam, Estee Lauder, FNB, BMW and ABSA amongst many others. Silke speaks globally having recently addressed major conferences in Singapore, London, Dubai, Amsterdam and Istanbul. He lectures regularly to university audiences in the United States with contracts recently at the Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh PA and Lynn University in Boca Raton Florida.
He is also a global political trend/risk consultant for GLG based in New York City and is on Duke Corporate Education panel of speakers. Silke recently spoke at the prestigious World Affairs Council in Washington DC on African issues. He has appeared on Newsmax TV, Sky Australia, the BBC, Australian Broadcasting Company, France 24 and TRT Turkey.
He also appears on and contributes to CNBC Africa, ENCA, SABC, Bloomberg, Reuters, AFP, Deutsche Welle, Cape Talk 567, 702 and Business Day TV. He also advises the Australian & South Korean missions in South Africa. Silke is the author of the book Tracking the Future: Top trends that will shape South Africa and the World and regularly writes columns for Fin24/News24 and Business Day Online.
- MegaTrends Reset: Political, Social, Economic & Technological Trends and Themes in the post-Covid Era. – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- The V-Shape World: From Virus to Vaccine to V-Shape Recovery – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- The State of the Nation: South Africa’s Political & Economic Challenges. – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- South Africa 2021: Recession or Reset? – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- The State of Africa: Restoring Growth in the Post-Covid Era. – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- Consumer Tsunami: Retail and Consumer Trends in the Post-Covid Era – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- Re-setting the World: The Challenge of a Volatile Globe. – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER
- South Africa Budget 2021: The Political & Economic Context for Recovery – DOWNLOAD 1-PAGER